Saturday, November 21, 2009

The Sparkling Day

The engine's running
but we're almost out of time for tonight's event
as she's looking outside, her reflection in the polished mirror
of a fancy car running through the crowded streets
as the hot blood rushing in her veins
and making her cheeks the cherriest red ever
Her lips... the scarlet redheaded ladies lost in a snow storm
But beneath her white dress a desire still warm
Pulses with constant hope for what's to come

I don't know what to say, or what message
to send through my eyes
but you'll figure it out by my surprise
when you enter the room
And I glaze at your presence so soon you'll be stricken out
Lost and losing control
But what snow? Summer's all over tonight's show

I don't know what to say, or what to show
I don't have ways to sparkle
Or this necklace in the neck they never really noticed

No comments: