Sunday, November 08, 2009

Salida

I will miss you dearly
Shortly after signing the papers
and riding the morning trains back home
As blurred and nitid faces cross my mind
and my head falls back
I am asleep before I know it better

Is it blood on the floor, or just dark ink?
Maybe some kind of deadly drink
your dizziness made you drop
I couldn't care less as I stroll past the crowd
dancing to the songs we both knew so well
You don't know me yet,
and you never will
For it is always too soon or too late
and my chances always few
But can't we always pretend it is easier
as I do actually think of myself to have evolved
past all this
I love the face you shake to the sad old beats tonight
You don't know me yet,
but such beauty is no stranger to my sight

Inviting old hunters to party along
it's becoming usual to sing that same song
There's no living up to the dreams and plans we all had before
maps drawn on floors that are filthy from our shoes
and can't be read anymore
So, who to follow?
Drawn to beauties foul and betraying
ashamed of such feeling
confidence pills never did me any harm
Show me some weakness behind your pretty look
let me touch your scars
and maybe softly stroke your white and smooth skin
I am already leaving before I know it better

Then realizing lost time is like waters flown
Too late it is now,
at least soon is not an option
though I've lived long enough,
I don't know me well
and I never will
Run to the exit door
and hope it isn't raining outside
not to trip on wet sidewalks from your repeated strides


1 comment:

Matheus said...

"Too late it is now,
at least soon is not an option
though I've lived long enough,
I don't know me well
and I never will"